An abstract poem
I have no back story on this poem other than the obvious fact that I wrote it ten years ago today. Let’s see what I devised:
The greedy discussion
Blood red checks to get in
Stained with pain,
Written in vain
Until it do.
I can’t say much about this poem other than “until it do” is a blatant misuse of correct grammar. Some of my classmates in certain high school classes didn’t talk very goodly, so I’m sure they inspired that line. Other than that, I don’t have much to say about this. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
This post is part of Cody’s “10-Year Idea Reunion” series, in which Cody revisits his creative writing class assignments exactly 10 years after writing them. Learn more about Cody’s Idea Reunion and follow him on WordPress to follow along!
About Cody GoughCody Gough hosts the Curiosity Podcast for the award-winning Curiosity.com, and also works as fill-in host and producer at WGN Radio in Chicago. As an established radio veteran, Cody has been with WGN Radio since 2008, and have worked on the WGN Plus podcast network as host and producer of the Game/Life Balance U.S. podcast (formerly Unqualified Gamers). In addition to his broadcast experience, Cody has written for Curiosity.com, the GonnaGeek Network, and HuffPost.
- Oh, right… I should probably introduce myself 08/15/2017
- Final Fantasy XV review: it’s not really a Final Fantasy game 05/25/2017
- Americans: take the high road or burn America to the ground? 11/09/2016
- In this election, issues matter more than labels (or at least they should) 02/04/2016
- The worst reason not to vote for Bernie Sanders 01/31/2016